I was recently trying to use Parse’s PHP SDK and was running into some issues when I deployed the project to Azure. Whenever I would attempt to run any of the Parse scripts I would get a
500 Internal Server Error.
It turns out that Parse is using
cURL which does not ship with it’s own CA certificate bundle. To fix the problem I needed to specify a CA cert bundle for PHP’s cURL. All the steps below can be accomplished in the Kudu interface which you can access at
1. Create Custom php.ini
- In the Kudu console, click on the planet-looking icon.
- From there go in the config folder, and then in the PHP-5.5.18 folder (or whatever version you’re using).
copy php.ini d:\home\siteto copy it to your site folder.
- Click the Home icon, and then go in the site folder to find your copy of php.ini.
- Edit the file. Add the following line:
2. Create applicationhost.xdt
- While still at
D:\home\site\create a new file.
echo temp > applicationhost.xdt
- Edit the file and paste in the following contents: ```
- Make sure to change the php version if needed. **3. Create ca-bundle.crt** - While still at `D:\home\site\` create a new file.
echo temp > ca-bundle.crt ```
- Edit the file and paste the contents of
4. Restart the site